Login  |  Sign Up

Close Icon


Close Icon

Select Country

Close Icon
Sub Categories
More Filter

Engineered Stones

Drawing Files

Sustainable Products

Why You Should Consider Engineered Stone for Your Kitchen Countertop  

Engineered stone is a composite material made of ground-up stone particles that is held together in a slab form by resin binder. There are several types of engineered stone, with quartz based engineered stone as the most commonly used as kitchen countertops. Engineered stone countertops are becoming more popular these days as an alternative to natural stone. Engineered stone has a similar appearance to natural stone; however, they possess some benefits that are not available with natural stone. Here are the advantages of engineered stone countertops:


Engineered stone is durable and easy to maintain. It is heavier and harder than granite (solid stone) and highly resistant to scratch, heat, and liquid. Engineered stone is also non-porous and less likely to stain. These features make engineered stone a perfect choice for your kitchen countertop as it doesn’t support the growth of bacteria, molds, mildews.  


As it is manufactured, the colour and pattern of engineered stone are more uniform than those in most natural stones. Although it can be seen as a disadvantage and not natural-looking, this consistency in look and pattern actually makes it easier to match with the overall theme or décor of your kitchen. Most of the colours of engineered stone come from the natural colour in the quartz; however, it is also possible to add colourants to achieve the tone that you desire. 


Engineered stone is usually less expensive than natural stone, although the higher the quality, the more the price goes up. 


As they are manufactured all the time, engineered stone is available in a wide range of colours, styles, and patterns to choose from. In contrast to natural stone, it is possible to buy additional pieces or replacement pieces of the same engineered stone in the same colour and lot. 


Engineered stone is one of the most environmentally-friendly choices for your kitchen countertop. Unlike natural stones like granite or marble that are cut from the earth, engineered stone is made of 90 percent natural stone elements or stone-like materials which are waste by-products of quarrying or manufacturing processes. This means no natural stone is quarried solely for use in engineered stone countertops. The resins that comprise the remaining 10 percent are also salvaged from the manufacturing process of other stone. On top of that, as it is engineered, quartz can be made regionally, reducing the carbon footprint of transporting slabs of granite or marble from their natural sources to your home. 


If you would like to have a countertop that looks like natural stone but you prefer one that doesn’t require the same level of care and maintenance, then engineered stone countertop would be a great choice. 
Product Categories
  • View by - Products arrow black right
  • Sort by arrow black right
  • Find Brand arrow black right
View By
arrow black left All Categories
  • Product
  • Brand
Sort By
arrow black left All Categories
  • Relevant
  • A-Z
  • Z-A
  • Latest
Find Brand
arrow black left All Categories
Metric | Imperial
Choose Another Product
Choose Another Product
Choose Another Product