Get in Touch
Are you sure want to adding all Products to your Library?
05 Jul 2022 by Caroma
The thought of undertaking a bathroom renovation can be quite overwhelming, especially if you’re doing it for the first time. But, by making a list of your priorities and following some simple steps, your journey towards a brand-new bathroom can become an enjoyable and rewarding experience. By prioritising your needs and wants, you can create a bathroom that suits your lifestyle now and well into the future.
We recommend following these 10 steps to design your dream bathroom:
1. Research current bathroom trends for inspiration – check out your local Caroma showroom or stockist for the latest materials and products. Pinterest, Instagram and home magazines are also great places to find inspiration.
2. All great bathroom designs begin with a moodboard – a moodboard is every good designer’s go-to method for collating and defining their creative inspiration. You can create your own moodboard to keep your design on track. We’ll show you how here.
3. Plan a layout that meets your needs – understand what you and your family need in a bathroom and ensure you plan a layout that will satisfy your needs now and in the future. Our Caroma experts can help you to plan and visualise your layout with our 3D modeler at our Flagship stores.
4. Plan your budget – setting a budget is an important step in any project and you’ll need to refer to it throughout the process. We’ve created a template to save you time.
5. Check if you need council approval – some renovations require approval from your local council before you commence construction. This can take some time, so remember to build it into your timeline.
6. Select your tiles – the tiles you choose will set the tone for your entire bathroom renovation, so remember to choose them nice and early to ensure design clarity and availability.
7. Choose your Caroma products – here’s the exciting part! You’ll be spoilt for choice when you choose your bath, tapware, shower, toilet and accessories from Caroma.
8. Line up your trades – who’s going to create this dream bathroom for you? Unless you plan to DIY, you’ll need a team of qualified tradies to bring your dream to life. We find our best trades through word of mouth, industry recommendations and reputable bathroom companies.
9. Lock in your quotes – add your quotes for tiles, Caroma products and trades to your budget tracker to make sure you’re on track. If not, you may need to make some compromises to fit your budget.
10. Get to work!
Need more guidance? Check out our First Time Renovator guides here.