Copyright © 2023 Powered by BCI Media Group Pty Ltd
Get in Touch
Are you sure want to adding all Products to your Library?
05 Jul 2022 by Caroma
We always recommend adding a contingency of around 20% to account for any hidden surprises that might sneak in along the way. It’s better to be prepared for these unexpected extras, rather than being caught out by them when they occur.
If you’re wondering where to splurge and where to save on your bathroom renovation, here’s the lowdown from our Caroma experts:
• Your toilet, tapware and basin will need to stand the test of time. Invest in good quality items that come with a warranty.
• Design costs can be expensive. Save yourself some cash by coming into one of our Caroma Flagship Showrooms for our expert advice - at no cost! Our 3D modelers can help you plan and visualise your dream bathroom layout.
• Custom joinery can be costly. If your quote doesn’t suit your budget, perhaps try an off-the-shelf vanity to save a budget blowout.
• Tiles are an item you could choose to splurge or save on, depending on your budget. If you have your heart set on hand-crafted Italian tiles and they fit your budget, go for it! If not, you should be able to pick up some classic white subway tiles at a budget friendly price.
• Moving windows and plumbing in a bathroom usually comes at quite an expense. If you can plan your desired layout without moving these, you’re bound to save some pennies.
• A skylight won’t fit every budget but if yours can stretch, it’s a great way to bring natural light into your bathroom.
Don’t buy finishes (think tiles) that you fall in love with before planning and completing the overall design of your whole bathroom – they may not work, or they may limit your final look and spend. Remember to consider installation costs when selecting products. For example, if you select a toilet with an in-wall cistern for a solid-brick home, there are costs associated with installing the plumbing or building out a false wall to hide the cistern. Don’t lose control. If you engage trades before you’ve selected your toilets, tapware, bath and more, or before you know the end result of your bathroom, you can be pushed into making rush decisions at the builder’s request. Stay in control and make considered choices by getting it done first.